Copyright Notice!

All the work posted here is original, done by me, and as such I hold the copyright to it. Anyone who wishes to use my paintings for any purpose should contact me in advance. They are not in public domain and may not be used elsewhere without written permission from Martha Ann Kennedy. Using my work without my permission is in violation of copyright law.

Tuesday, August 9, 2011


This is a tree in Palmer Park "The Bluffs" in Colorado Springs. When I was in high school there and things at home were rocky and weird, I would hike to this tree. Out of an ancient, dead base grew a perfectly straight new trunk. This is the tree forty years later! Still there, doing well, the small "Christmas" tree growing out of it has thrived and it is no longer so obviously the tree's second life, second chance. Oil on canvas, 8 x 10. Not for sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment